The New York Art Book Fair
Printed Matter, Inc. presents
THE NY ART BOOK FAIR
September 18–20, 2015
Preview: Thursday, September 17, 6-9pm
Printed Matter presents the tenth annual NY Art Book Fair, from September 18 to 20, 2015, at MoMA PS1, Long Island City, Queens. A preview will be held on the evening of Thursday, September 17.
Free and open to the public, the NY Art Book Fair is the world’s premier event for artists’ books, catalogs, monographs, periodicals, and zines.
This year, the fair features over 370 booksellers, antiquarians, artists, institutions and independent publishers from twenty-eight countries. Last year’s fair was attended by more than 35,000 people.
This year’s NY Art Book Fair includes an ever-growing variety of exhibitors – from the zinesters in (XE)ROX & PAPER + SCISSORS and the Small Press Dome representing publishing at its most innovative and affordable, to rare and antiquarian dealers offering out-of-print books and ephemera from art and artist book history, plus the NYABF-classic Friendly Fire, focused on the intersections of art and activism.
NYABF15 will also host an array of programming and special events: in its seventh year, The Classroom is a curated engagement of informal conversations, workshops, readings, and other artist-led interventions. The Contemporary Artists’ Book Conference (CABC), in its eighth year, will feature two full days on emerging practices and issues within art-book culture.
- Some French Exhibitors:
- CLASSIC is a label covering book publishing, art curation and consulting. Since 2010, we have published art books and curated several exhibitions connecting the creative scene worldwide and bridging various environment such as art, design, music or fashion, one project after the other.
- ÉTUDES books is an independent publisher focused on contemporary photography, based in Paris and New York City, founded in 2012. ÉTUDES books curates and publishes books, such as a photographer monograph collection entitled Blue books. ÉTUDES books evolved out of the publishing house JSBJ - Je Suis une Bande de Jeunes - created in 2007. ÉTUDES books is part of ÉTUDES studio which work as a collective in the fields of fashion, publishing and art.
- Le Gros Monsieur is an art collective that likes to give souvenirs. We are making zines and books with love, always.
- onestar press—strictly unedited by the publisher—is dedicated to the production of books, movies, and multiples by artists.
- Paraguay Press is an independent publishing house, managed by the team behind castillo/corrales, a Paris-based, collectively-run art space. Each book developed by Paraguay Press deals carefully with the pragmatics of publishing, considering this process as the invention of a space, and an extension of artistic and critical thinking into an original, complex form.
- RVB BOOKS is both an independent publisher dedicated to designing unique fine arts books and a gallery featuring exhibitions on new editorial practices. Artists: Ruth Van Beek Vincent Bergerat Geoffroy de Boismenu Olivier Cablat Marina Gadonneix Erik Kessels Thomas Mailaender Òscar Monzòn Taiyo Onorato & Nico Krebs Grégoire Pujade-Lauraine Stéphanie Solinas Jaap Scheeren & Harry Bloch
Three Star Books
Three Star Books are artworks, handmade, highly finished, and luxuriously produced with materials that are globally sourced.
HOURS AND LOCATION
Preview Thursday, September 17, 6-9 pm
Friday, September 18, 1-7pm
Saturday, September 19, 11am-9pm
Sunday, September 20, 11-am-7pm
MoMA PS1 is located at 22-25 Jackson Avenue on 46th Avenue,
Long Island City, NY