visual & performing arts / grants & programs / french american fund contemporary theater / guidelines & eligibility
French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater
ONLY NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS ARE ELIGIBLE.
American organizations must demonstrate their 501(c)(3) status granted by the IRS.
French organizations must provide proof of equivalent nonprofit status for eligibility.
- American organizations must present a project which involves at least one French theater artist (or legal resident of France for more than five (5) years or a French-American artistic collaboration.
- French institutions must present a project which involves at least one American theater artist (or legal resident resident of the United States for more than five (5) years in the project submitted.
- The organization (presenter, festival, university…) must show a clear financial and artistic commitment towards the project.
- A minimum of five (5) performances are required (either 5 shows in one place or 5 shared between several presenters).
- Production of classical French repertory theater or adaptation of this repertory are not eligible through this program.
- Companies and ensembles may submit applications to the French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater only if they have identified one or several presenting partners who have indicated in writing their willingness to participate in the collaboration.
- No grants are awarded to individual artists.
- Applicants may reapply to the French-American Fund for Contemporary Theater for the same project in subsequent years only if the project has developed significantly since the last application.
- When performed in the United States, productions including texts must be performed either in English or in French with titles or simultaneous translation.
- When performed in France, productions including texts in English must be performed with French titles or simultaneous translation.
- Applications for projects which have already begun will be ineligible.
- Only projects whose presentation begins after May 1st of the application year will be eligible.
- The FACE Contemporary Theater grants support up to 50% of the artists’ fees, including housing, perdiem, travel, and visa expenses, but cannot exceed the amount $30,000.
For a production and / or translation, authorization / rights from the author or his / her representative should be requested simultaneously through the SACD (Société des Auteurs Compositeurs et Dramatiques) please contact:
Tel: 33 1 40 23 45 08
Fax: 33 1 40 23 45 58
10899 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90024
1001 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL
450 W 37th Street
New York, NY 10018