Bringing study abroad opportunities to Community College students across the US.
More than one-third of U.S. undergraduate students attend community colleges. Yet fewer than 2% of students who study abroad are from community colleges.
Community College in France (CCF) offers a framework by which these students can participate in short-term summer programs or degree-granting programs in France.
Immersive Summer Programs in France
CCF’s two-week, intensive summer programs offer high-quality academics, multi-disciplinary and project-based learning, and an enriching and supportive personal experience abroad.
Learn about the most recent edition of the CCF summer programs, which focused on sustainability, and read testimonials from students here.
Tuition and program fees (including lodging, meals, activities/visits and local public transportation) total to $2,400, and the French Embassy offers scholarships of $1,400 to help students in precarious financial situations.
How to Apply
The call for applications is now open!
5 programs will be offered in the summer 2024:
- “Some Like it Sustainable” at Université de Montpellier from June 2nd to June 15th
- “Sustainable Engineering” at Ecole Supérieure des Technologies Industrielles Avancées (ESTIA) in Bidart from June 10th to June 23rd
- “Go Green” at Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour from June 16th to June 29th
- “Science for a Sustainable Development: from Conservation of Natural Heritage to Future Society” at Université de Lille from June 30th to July 13th
- “Beyond the Postcard: Nature, Culture and Sustainability in the French Caribbean” at Université des Antilles from July 1st to July 14th
To apply, candidates should:
- Fill out the application form
- Send their most recent transcript
- Ask their advisor to certify their enrollment at a community college for the 2023-2024 academic year. This should take the form of an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is January 31st!
The Community College in France program is also open to Community College administrators and faculty. By attending one of the Bootcamps they will:
- Get a better understanding of the French higher education system;
- Meet their French counterparts;
- Discuss opportunities for collaboration between the two institutions
The program cost amounts to $1,000.
Interested candidates should apply by January 31st, using the online application form.
Consult the CCF FAQ for further information.
Opportunities for CCF Alumni
Community College students can transfer to French universities to pursue either a Master’s Degree in engineering from CESI – Ecole d’Ingénieurs (or one of the top 50 engineering schools of the n+i network in France) or a Bachelor’s Degree from Rennes School of Business.
Community College in France is Part of the Transatlantic Friendship and Mobility Initiative, a joint commitment between the U.S. Department of State and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs to increase and diversify student mobility between the U.S. and France, Community College in France is also supported by FACE Foundation and the L’Oréal Fund for Women.