Are you a Community College student who is looking for a short study abroad experience in France ? Submit your application to participate in one of the Bootcamps taking place next summer !
Community College in France is a program of the French Embassy in the United States which gives Community College students the opportunity to participate in two-week Bootcamps in France. These intensive summer programs offer high-quality academics, multi-disciplinary and project-based learning, and an enriching and supportive personal experience abroad.
Like the 2023 edition, the 2024 Bootcamps will focus on sustainability. Five programs will be offered:
- “Some Like it Sustainable” at Université de Montpellier from June 2nd to June 15th
- “Sustainable Engineering” at Ecole Supérieure des Technologies Industrielles Avancées (ESTIA) in Bidart from June 10th to June 23rd
- “Go Green” at Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour from June 16th to June 29th
- “Science for a Sustainable Development: from Conservation of Natural Heritage to Future Society” at Université de Lille from June 30th to July 13th
- “Beyond the Postcard: Nature, Culture and Sustainability in the French Caribbean” at Université des Antilles from July 1st to July 14th
Tuition and program fees amount to $2,400 and include accommodation, meals, activities/visits, airport pick-up and drop-off, and local public transportation. The French Embassy offers $1,400 scholarships to help students in precarious financial situations.
To apply, candidates should:
- Fill out the application form
- Send their most recent transcript
- Ask their advisor to certify your enrollment at your community college
The deadline for applications is December 22nd!
An information session will be organized on November 6th at 12pm ET to present the program in more detail and to answer questions. Please register here.
The Community College in France program is also open to Community College administrators and faculty. By attending one of the Bootcamps they will:
- Get a better understanding of the French higher education system;
- Meet their French counterparts;
- Discuss opportunities for collaboration between the two institutions
The program cost amounts to $1,000.
Interested candidates should apply by December 22nd, using the online application form.
An information session will be held on November 15th at 12pm ET. Please register here.