New York City music lovers will get a full dose of magnificent and wide ranging French music again this summer as the music festival FRANCEROCKS SUMMERFEST returns June 1-July 13.
Co-presented by The Bureau Export, the Cultural Services of the French Embassy, and France Rocks, in partnership with a network of major venues and institutions, the French music festival—the largest in the US—will showcase the expansive wealth of diverse musical talent coming out of France. Over 30 artists spanning genres from indie pop, rock and electronic to jazz, and world music, will perform free and ticketed shows at over 20 venues ranging from Central Park SummerStage to the most intimate performance spaces throughout New York City.
The festival is made possible in part thanks to the generous support of our sponsors Lacoste, Airfrance, and Institut français.
Coinciding with performances by renowned French musicians Air and Phoenix at the Governor’s Ball and Feist at The Town Hall in June, FRANCEROCKS SUMMERFEST is bringing together a vibrant series of performances by acclaimed established artists such as Raul Midon, and Wax Tailor to exciting emerging bands such as Chocolate Genius, Her, Fakear and Fishbach. Standout shows include an excellent Fête de la Musique lineup featuring Wax Tailor, Her, Ayo, and Ala.ni, the French Soul of Blick Bassy at Lincoln Center Atrium and not-to-be-missed the electronic swing and gypsy jazz sounds of Caravan Palace at Irving Plaza.
Francerocks Summerfest2017 Lineup:
- June 2-3 : Raul Midon @ The Iridium Jazz Club
- June 3 : Trio SR9 @ St Peter’s Church (Free)
- June 3 : Phoenix @ Governor’s Ball
- June 4 : Air @ Governor’s Ball
- June 8 : Fishbach @ David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center (Free)
- June 8 : Laetitia Sadier, Emel Mathlouthi, Un Blonde @ National Sawdust, in collaboration with the Northside Festival / Brooklyn
- June 10-12 : Feist @ The Town Hall
- June 14 : Benoit Delbecq @ Jazz Standard
- June 18 : Glockabelle, Stephane Wrembel @ Barbes, Brooklyn
- June 19 : Ala.ni @ Rockwood Music Hall Stage 2
- June 21 : Fête de la Musique @ Central Park SummerStage : Wax Tailor, Her, Ayo, Ala.ni co-presented with Lacoste (Free)
- June 21 : Fakear @ Baby’s All Right
- June 24 : Dimitri From Paris @ Pier 26, Hudson River Park
- June 29 : Chocolate Genius (Ray Rizzo, Simon Hanes, Oren Bloedow, Thomas Bartlett, & Mark Anthony Thompson) @ David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center (Free)
- July 1st: Vince Giordano & The Nighthawks with Catherine Russell, Avalon Jazz Band, Stephane Wrembel and Aurora Nealand @Central Park SummerStage Rumsey Playfield – 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm (Free)
- **As part of year-long WWI commemoration program ‘How 1917 Changed the World’
- July 5: Tony Allen @ Le Poisson Rouge
- July 6: Caravan Palace @ Warsaw, Brooklyn
- July 7: Caravan Palace @ Irving Plaza
- July 13: Blick Bassy @ David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center (Free)
- For more info, visit the official website: http://www.francerocks.com/summerfest2017
Bureau Export is a non-profit organization and global network of export specialists in five key territories whose consulting, financial, and event assistance, among other resources have brought the work of French artists and labels to the world for over 20 years. www.french-music.org
France Rocks is a NY music definitive platform for discovering music made in France. From industry experts with a knack for promoting the latest French music, culture, artists, videos, tours & more to the US. France Rocks is the official representative of Bureau Export in the US www.francerocks.com
The Cultural Services Of The French Embassy promotes the best of French arts, literature, cinema, digital innovation, language, and higher education across the US. Based in New York City, Washington D.C., and eight other cities across the country, the Cultural Services brings artists, authors, intellectuals and innovators to cities nationwide. www.frenchculture.org
For More Info:
Social media: #FranceRocks, @franceinnyc